Susan Cain points out in her book that brainstorming in an electronic environment is actually more effective than in-person brainstorming (and she backs that up with research findings). So, i decided to see if i can make such a brainstorm happen! If you’d enjoy, please add some strategy ideas in the comments. First, though, keep reading 😉
Here are the passions that emerged through the worksheet with the first passion really what drives my approach to the others, which are listed somewhat in the order of importance to me:
- Be a change catalyst. Changing the way we think about how we live and turning this into action, i.e., living differently, creating a new culture. This requires radical change, not bandages, on a large scale, not just a few individuals here and there.
- Women are prevented from gaining full equality through the threat of violence, including microaggression.
- Marriage prevents democracy. Any hierarchical institution prevents deep democracy.
- Everybody deserves a basic income guarantee to ensure our freedom.
- Climate change will kill us humans unless we collectively change our behaviors in very drastic ways.
At heart, i want to impact deep change – changing the way we think, the way we act, the way we are, really, to make all this other stuff possible, which in a way could be summarized as working toward sustainable deep democracy. (Deep democracy is used by feminist pragmatists to describe a democracy that is both participatory and representative based on John Dewey’s ideas).
Again, i am having trouble how to turn these passions into something i can actually do, though i am guessing i’d start with researching how change has been effected successfully in the past. To enable myself to work with these passions, the strategy i have come up with is to find a job that pays money though is unrelated. That is, obviously, not very satisfying because working on our passions is what lights us up, so i am open to other options as well!
Do you have any other strategy ideas for turning my passions into work and/or for making that work feasible? Please share below! Thank you in advance! 🙂