- Being Single Isn’t What It’s Cracked Up to Be: The AARP chimes in
- Stop Singlism!: An article in Forbes
- The Unrecognized Stereotyping and Discrimination Against Singles: An article by Bella DePaulo and Wendy Morris
And the term made it into at least one online dictionary: The Double-Tongued Dictionary, which records undocumented or under-documented words from the fringes of English, with a focus on slang, jargon, and new words. It’s a start!
If you don’t feel like reading, you can listen to DePaulo here:
- Interview with Patt Morrison (it was on September 14, just search the page for “DePaulo”)
- Video clips about DePaulo and her research at Video Jug (note the box “Our Expert in…)
Please let us know if you run across any other articles by posting them in the comments (if you include more than 2 links, I will have to moderate your post, so it won’t show up right away). Also, please share your ideas for getting singlism into more dictionaries…