Christmas is upon us. I don’t care what the people who claim to be politically correct, the holiday that is celebrated around this time of year is Christmas, not Hanukkah, nor Winter Solstice. There a Christmas trees, Christmas ornaments, Christmas songs, Christmas this and that all around us. At work, people are amused that I don’t get into the Christmas spirit. No, I am not planning anything special for the holidays because there are no holidays that are important to me around this time. According to the Pew Forum on Religion, about 20% of the US population is non-Christian. Why does the remaining 80% think that this minority should also celebrate their holiday?
(Maybe I’ll embrace my inner Scrooge today!)