During the first half of 2012 a theme, related to the intention to uncover freedom, has emerged: Letting go. Letting go has several levels: Letting go of stuff, letting go of habits, and letting go of beliefs. This includes letting go of cultural conditioning, which often manifests on at least one of those levels – maybe all three. For example, matrimania (the belief that marriage will solve all our problems) might underlie our accumulation of clothes (because of the belief that we aren’t marriageable if we always wear the same clothes) or our habit to peruse dating sites.
I am renewing my intentions from earlier (drawn from those two posts) and am adding one.
In the second half of 2012, i intend:
- to show up authentically and vulnerable
- to hold myself with acceptance and compassion when i get scared to do so
- to step into my power
- to realize that being strong doesn’t mean to be perfect or not to show weakness
- to embrace all of me – flaws and all!
- to investigate experientially whether freedom from cultural conditioning is possible
- to increasingly let go of stuff, habits, and beliefs